PARTNERS FOR THE RIDE
- Horse Services
- Horse Reports
- Horse Searches
- Prize Programs
- Half Saddlebreds
Half American Saddlebred Awards Program
The American Saddlebred Registry and The Half Saddlebred Registry of America are pleased to offer the following awards to American Saddlebreds and Half Saddlebreds participating in recognized competitions.
The Half Saddlebred Achievement Awards strive to acknowledge and honor the achievements of registered Half Saddlebred horses in all recognized competitive events. Points are earned at competitions approved by an organization regarded as the national or international sanctioning group for that equine activity in divisions recognized by that organization. Horses enrolled in the program earn points toward three levels of achievement: bronze, silver and gold. There are four different sections of competition where points may be accrued: dressage, eventing, carriage/combined driving and endurance/competitive trail riding. Half Saddlebred award winners are regularly honored in the Half Saddlebred newsletter, and each level of achievement is distinguished with a certificate and a medallion. In addition, the horse's achievement is noted in the horse's permanent file.
For American Saddlebred and Half Saddlebred horses competing against all breeds at open shows, a plan has been implemented to recognize the Saddlebred with the highest score at that competition. A neck ribbon is presented at shows recognized by national (USEF) or discipline regulated (USDF, AERC, USPC, etc.) open all breed shows. Awards will be sent upon the request of individual competitions; so if you are planning to show this year, be sure to ask show management to contact the ARS office for a neck ribbon in each sport horse discipline. For more information, or to request a ribbon for your show, contact email@example.com.
Rules for requesting and awarding the American Saddlebred Sport Horse High Point Award:
- The American Saddlebred Sport Horse High Point Award will be available upon request by the show management of national (USEF) or discipline regulated (USDF, AERC, USPC, etc.) open all breed shows.
- All Sport Horse disciplines will be eligible.
- The owner of the sport horse must be a member in good standing with the ASHA at the time of the event; exhibitor will be required to show ASHA membership card as proof of current membership.
- The horse must be enrolled in the American Saddlebred Sport Horse Year End Awards program; there is a one-time fee of $25.
- The owner must provide a copy of the horse’s registration certificate (either ASHA or Half Saddlebred) to show management; the certificate will have a sticker that verifies the horse is enrolled in the Sport Horse Year End Awards Program.
The Sport Horse Year End Awards are designed to acknowledge, reward, and promote the versatility of the American Saddlebred within the sport horse disciplines and are open to both registered purebred and registered Half Saddlebred horses. Horses may compete in any of the divisions for which they qualify: open, purebred, and part-bred. Disciplines in which horses may earn points are: dressage, driving, hunter, jumper, sport horse in hand, eventing, and distance riding (competitive trail riding and endurance). Once enrolled, points are accrued through the show season, December 1 through November 30. ASHA recognizes the champion, reserve champion and the top four placings in each discipline and division at the ASHA Annual Meeting each February.